Homepage featured photo courtesy of Betsy Barron Photography
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and the number of incredible restaurants to dine out across the western suburbs abound. AML did our due diligence and found seven sensational menus and romantic settings that are great choices for February 14th. From a quaint BYO, to a King of Prussia steak house, to a historic 18th century barn to Wayne’s popular Paramour-and more, we have a great selection of the best the burbs have to offer. Here’s to a special evening with your sweetheart around the Main Line.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Saturday, February 11th & Tuesday, February 14th
Seatings at 5:30PM and 8:30pm
Eagle Village Shops
$65 per person, complimentary glass of champagne
Burgundy Carrot Bisque with fresh lavender cream
Salad (choice of)
- Baby Spinach, blood oranges, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, strawberry balsamic
- Bibb Lettuce, port wine poached seckel pear, smoked blue cheese, spiced pecans
- Frisee Lettuce, bacon lardoons, oven dried cherry tomatoes, creamy horseradish dressing
Appetizer (choice of)
- Country Style Duck Liver and Pheasant Terrine, multi-grain, pomegranate gastrique
- Pan-Seared Diver Scallop, mushroom leek ragu, black truffle essence
- Beet Gnocchi, braised swiss chard, pine nut, goat cheese
Main Course (choice of)
- Lamb Crepinettes, exotic mushrooms, mint and black currant demi-glace
- Pan-Roasted Trout Fillet, toasted almonds, dried cherries, Riesling reduction
- Semi-Boneless Poussin, roasted garlic jus
*Accompaniments; scallion mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower
- Chocolate Lover’s Plate for Two
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with raspberries coulis, caramel milk chocolate ice cream with candied almond crunch, sugared plums and strawberries white chocolate ganache
The Gables at Chadds Ford
Tuesday, February 14th
423 Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA
The Gables at Chadds Ford is one of the region’s most romantic dining backdrops. The Gables is situated on land that was originally part of a 138 acre land grant from William Penn to Brinton King. Around 1745, a pre-Revolutionary style house was built on the property. This was one of the first homes to be built in Pennsbury Township.
Two of the four original chimneys from the pre-Revolutionary style home are still visible. In March of 2002, the house was placed on the National Historic Register.
In addition to their regular dinner menu, The Gables will be offering specials on Valentine’s Day that include pan roasted halibut, braised beef short ribs and a dark chocolate mousse.
The Farmhouse Bistro at People’s Light
Tuesday, February 14th, 4pm-1opm
39 Conestoga Road
$45 per person, 3 courses
Course One (choose one)
- Truffled Chicken Liver Pate – infused with black perigord truffles and madeira wine on warm fresh baked brioche
- Baby Local Greens tossed in our white wine – dijon vinaigrette with poached pear and chèvre
- Organic plum tomato and fresh mozzarella salad with extra virgin olive oil, cracked black pepper and aged balsamic drizzle
Course Two (choose one)
- Farmhouse Bouillabaisse – lobster, shrimp & scallops in a aromatic chardonnay-saffron broth served over saffron risotto,
- Frenched Rack of Lamb with Rosemary- dijon demi glace, scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus
- Pistachio – Panko Crusted Halibut, pan seared and finished with meyer lemon – tarragon butter, basmati rice pilaf and grilled asparagus
- Roasted Center Cut Filet Mignon with chanterelle mushroom and shallot ragout scalloped potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts
- Cornish Game Hen with curried thyme jus, fig and cornbread stuffing, roasted Brussels sprouts
Dessert (Choose One)
- Espresso infused chocolate mousse topped with fresh vanilla whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate
- Braeburn apple tart tatin, caramelized apples on a french pastry crust with vanilla ice cream and caramel lattice
- Raspberry sorbet served with fresh berries and framboise coulis
Friday, February 10th through Tuesday, February 14th
139 East Lancaster Avenue
From Friday, February 10th until Tuesday, February 14th , Paramour will serve a variety of special dishes and offer a romantic night at the hotel, including credit towards dinner, luxurious amenities and a guaranteed reservation at the restaurant on one of the busiest weekends of the year. “Whether they’re looking for a romantic evening or to relish in an exquisite meal, we’ve got something for everyone this season,” says Executive Chef Michael Giampa.
Guests can enjoy ‘The Perfect Valentine’s Package’ that includes a King Superior Room for two with late check-out, continental breakfast for two, a dozen roses, a split of Gruet Brut sparkling wine, a box of Godiva chocolates, a guaranteed dinner reservation for two at Paramour and a $50 Paramour gift card. This package, including all hotel taxes, is $329 per couple.
For those who’d like to dine in style, Paramour is also offering special additions to their menu. Offerings will include: Chilled Atlantic Seafood Plate, Grilled Maine Lobster, Surf & Turf and a Contemporary Dessert Sampler for two.
Glenmorgan Bar & Grill at The Radnor Hotel
Saturday, February 4th Children’s Tea
Friday, February 10th-Tuesday, February 14th
591 East Lancaster Avenue
Four course prix-fixe, $99 per couple
On Saturday, February 4th, from 1pm to 3pm, The Radnor will host its annual Children’s Valentine’s Tea. Guests will be welcomed and escorted by the Valentine Fairy where magic, fun, and entertainment are plentiful. They will enjoy a selection of scones, sandwiches, miniature pastries and cookies, as well as an assortment of tea, sparkling apple cider, hot chocolate, and chocolate milk. The cost of the tea is $59.95 for 1 adult & 1 child, excluding tax and gratuity. It is ideal for kids’ ages 3 to 8 years. Advanced ticket purchase and reservations required, please call: 610.341.3146. For more information on Children’s Saturday Afternoon Tea, please visit radnorhotel.com.
From Friday, February 10th until Tuesday, February 14th, guests of The Radnor can enjoy an exceptional overnight package that includes deluxe overnight accommodations, a bottle of chilled champagne, chocolate truffles, a long stem red rose, a four-course prix fixe dinner for two and deluxe breakfast for two. This all-inclusive package is only $289 per couple.
Couples with no time for an overnight getaway can come to Glenmorgan Bar & Grill from Friday, February 10th until Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 to savor a four-course prix fixe dinner for two in celebration of Valentine’s Day. This sumptuous meal is only $99 per couple and includes dishes such as Scallop & Smoked Bacon Gratin, Dijon Herb Rack of Lamb, Grouper & Raspberry Beurre Rouge and decadent Brownie Sundae to share. To view the full menu, click here.
Tuesday, February 14th
700 West Dekalb Pike
King of Prussia, PA
3 courses for two people, $89
Starters (choose one)
- Caesar Salad
- Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Blue Cheese
- Mixed Greens Salad Vinagrette
- Shrimp & Lobster Bisque
Entrees (choose one)
- Filet Mignon 8 oz.
- Ribeye 16 oz.
- New York Strip 12 oz.
- Lamb Chops Triple Cut
- Roasted Chicken “Picatta Style”
- Broiled Salmon Steak
- Crab Stuffed Shrimp
Add a half Australian lobster tail for an additional $20.
Oscar Style-jumbo lump crab, asparagus & béarnaise for an additional $10.
Sides (choose one)
- Creamed Spinach
- Broccoli with Garlic
- Asparagus with Hollandaise
- Steakhouse Style Mushroom Caps
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Giant Baked Potato
Lobster macaroni and cheese for an additional $8.
Desserts (choose one)
- Chocolate Mousse & Berries
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- New York Style Cheesecake
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- Ice Cream or Sorbet
Friday, February 10th, Saturday, February 11th and Tuesday, February 14th
128 Paoli Pike
3 courses, $40 per person
Redhound Grille is offering a Valentine’s Day three course $40 menu on Friday, February 10th, Saturday, February 11th and Tuesday, February 14th. On the 14th, the restaurant will have romantic acoustic music from Chris and Kallina Holt from 7pm to 9pm. Valentine’s Day menu highlights include appetizers: clam casino, strawberry salad, lobster bisque, seafood flatbread; entrees: filet mignon, paella, Scottish salmon wellington, potato gnocchi and blackened rib eye. They will also have a full selection of their popular desserts.