Photos courtesy of Betsy Barron Photography
Starting August 1st, King of Prussia’s Seasons 52, the highly-acclaimed fresh grill and wine bar restaurant, unveiled a new, personalized tasting experience to help guests explore its adventurous wine list and signature flatbreads.
For only $15 per person, guests will be able to enjoy the personalized wine tasting by first choosing a flight of three pours from a hand-selected list of eight varietals. The wines are chosen by Seasons 52 Master Sommelier George Miliotes. Upon completing the tasting, guests will then receive a full glass of their favorite selection and an accompanying flatbread of their choosing. This limited-time only experience is available daily until 6 p.m., and will run through August 31st, 2012.
“Beginning the dining experience with one of our wine flights, provides guests the opportunity to taste new, unique selections and let their own personal palate decide how to proceed,” said Miliotes. “Whether red or white, bold or clean, our wine tasting selections are the perfect accompaniment to the crisp and fresh flavors of our signature flatbreads.”
Wine selections include:
- Indaba Chardonnay, West Cape ’11 – a favorite white with aromas of tropical fruit, flavors of apple, pear, and fig, and a touch of oak for a little butterscotch creaminess.
- Santa Julia Pinot Grigio, Mendoza ’11 – a crisp, clean Argentine with aromas and flavors of lemon, pear, and pineapple with a long, almond finish.
- Paso a Paso Verdejo, La Mancha ’10/’11 – an innovative wine that’s highly aromatic, with flavors of apple and melon and a hint of lemon and lime at the finish.
- Selbach Qba Riesling, Mosel ’10/’11 – handmade specifically for Seasons 52 by Johannes Selbach himself, a blend of sweet melon, grape, apple, star fruit, and quince flavors and Meyer lemon finish.
- Anna’s Merlot, Slovenia ’09 – a plummy, ripe raspberry flavor with long, smooth tannins.
- Mirassou Pinot Noir, California ’10/’11 – a balanced blend of pomegranate, cherry, and red currant flavors, a touch of earthiness, and a silky smooth finish.
- Wrongo Dongo Monastrell, Jumilla ’10/’11 – flavors of ripe blueberry and rich black currant combine with fine, smooth tannins and a pleasantly mineral finish.
- Gascon Malbec, Mendoza ’10/’11 – arguably one of the richest, most flavorful red varietals, this vintage is velvety and full-bodied, with flavors of black raspberry, plum, & blueberry, with a powerful yet smooth tannic finish.
Flatbread selections include:
- Artichoke & Goat Cheese – leaf spinach, balsamic onions, roasted peppers
- Ripe Plum Tomato – fresh basil, roasted garlic, melted Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Chicken – balsamic onions, roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese
- Spicy Chipotle Shrimp – grilled pineapple, feta cheese, roasted poblano peppers
- Steak & Cremini Mushroom – fresh spinach, crumbled blue cheese