The Main Line’s most beloved Spring tradition returns as the 115th Devon Horse Show and Country Fair runs May 26th through June 5th. The Horse Show, or as Main Liners refer to it ‘DHS,’ is the oldest and largest outdoor multi-breed competition in the United States.
This year Devon welcomes Wells Fargo as its official presenting sponsor, and Wells Fargo will also serve as the title sponsor of the Grand Prix of Devon, held Thursday, June 2nd. The iconic Wells Fargo Stagecoach will perform in exhibition on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Devon benefits Bryn Mawr Hospital, to which it has donated nearly $14 million in the past four decades.
The show opens with the traditional Junior Weekend, featuring equitation classes on Thursday, with ponies and junior hunter and jumper classes contested Friday and Saturday.
- Thursday, May 26 – Family Day #1, Sponsored by Hartstrings. Children 12 and under will be admitted to the grounds at no charge. Free children’s raffle with drawings throughout the day! Specials at the fair and midway.
- Saturday, May 28th, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Children’s Day. Free General Admission for the first 700 children (12 and under) courtesy of The Cambridge School. Everyone from toddlers to teens can enjoy a variety of activities in the Pavilion. The cost is $4.00 per activity. Meet at the back of the Picnic Grove next to the Pavilion (across from the Garden Café).
- Sunday, May 29th, 1:00. Devon Doggie Parade – Free General Admission tickets to the first 300 children (12 and under) courtesy of Braxtons. Show off your pup in two categories; Pup/Human Companion Look Alike, and Devon Doggie Fashionista. Three prizes in each category. First place winners will be invited to parade in the Dixon Oval on Grand Prix evening!
- Tuesday, May 31st – Family Day #2. Specials at the fair and midway.
- Tuesday, May 31st, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. (ongoing). Guided Back Barn Tours. Go “behind-the-scenes” and visit some of the most interesting areas of the Show. Look through a barn, or tour an equine ambulance, all the while learning about Devon and its history. Meet for this walking tour at the back of the Picnic Grove (across from the Garden Café). Free.
- Wednesday, June 1st, 10:00am -4:00 p.m. Ladies Day at Devon. Devon Hat Contest (10 -11:30 a.m.) sponsored by Cartier. The event begins with registration at the Pavilion at 10 a.m, followed by a stroll along the promenade route passing the judges.
- Sunday, June 5th – Last Day of Country Fair! All flowers and plants used to decorate the Show grounds will be sold at special discount rates in the Dixon Oval. The sale begins at 12:30 p.m. – don’t be late for the best selection.
– Sodas: popcorn BOGO, smoothies $1 off, Sodas 2/$3
– Hamburgers: $1/Devon special
– Midway: $2 off wristband
– Tea Cart: $2 off Devon Special & Tea Sandwich sampler
For more information on any of the following special events please call 610-525-2533.
Tickets for DHS are available over the phone, 610-688-2554, or via www.devonhorseshow.org.
Gates will open daily at approximately 8:00 a.m. and close at approximately 10:00 p.m. The Country Fair area opens around 10:00 a.m. for the Midway and Shopping. The first Sunday, the gates will open at 11:00 a.m. and the Horse Show classes will start at 1:00 p.m.
General admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under and seniors 65 and over. Reserved grandstand tickets are available ranging from $12 to $50 depending on the performance.