Photos courtesy of Betsy Barron Photography
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!
The Gables at Chadds Ford is situated on land that was originally part of a 138 acre land grant from William Penn to Brinton King. Around 1745, a pre-Revolutionary style house was built on the property. This was one of the first homes to be built in Pennsbury Township. For the next 100 plus years, the property operated as a working farm and quietly became part of the Brandywine Valley’s history. The route along Route One is well known to have housed numerous stops for the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. It has been suspected that the King house may have been one of these stops.
The house was renovated in the late 1800s by George C. King, son of Brinton King. He adopted the popular Victorian style by adding wrap around porches and twenty three gables. Two of the four original chimneys from the pre-Revolutionary style home are still visible. In March of 2002, the house was placed on the National Historic Register.
Earlier this year, Ann and Dan Kolenick purchased the Gables. The couple has made some exciting changes to the historic property including: The Gables Dinner Club—a great dining rewards program for loyal customers, a new website, a new Twitter account, expanded operating hours now serving lunch Saturdays and Mondays, and live music every Thursday 6pm to 9pm.
Now one lucky AML fan has a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to this Brandywine Valley dining gem!
How to Enter
Leave us a comment below by noon on Friday, December 16th, 2011. One winner will be drawn randomly after the close of the giveaway with the help of random.org.
Good luck AML fans!
About The Gables at Chadds Ford
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on announced time EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the announced time (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This giveaway is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. The sole winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org.
4. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner(s) will be announced on aroundmainline.com, Facebook (www.facebook.com/aroundmainline) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/aroundmainline).