This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated and congratulations to our winner Melody H.!
AroundMainLine.com’s fine wine and food aficionados rejoice!
The Gables talented Chef Shawn Connors has put together an exciting menu that goes beyond just turkey and stuffing. Each of the five courses is expertly paired with a Penns Woods wine sure to tantalize the palate!
The wine dinner begins at 7pm and the cost is $95 per person all inclusive.
Reservations are required. Please email Gables owner Ann Kolenick to reserve your seats: email@example.com
Interested in attending our treat? Enter our giveaway by placing a comment below for two complimentary seats.
How to Enter
Kindly leave us a comment by noon on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013. A winner will be drawn randomly after the close of the giveaway with the help of random.org!
Please note: The winner will be notified via email and has 2 hours to respond to claim the prize. If the selected winner does not respond, AroundMainLine.com will choose another random winner until a response is received via email.
‘Tasting in Jerusalem’ Wine Tasting Dinner
The Gables at Chadds Ford
7pm on Thursday, November 21st, 2013
$95 per person, includes tax & gratuity
Creamy Sunchoke and Ginger Soup with Zhoug, Toasted Hazelnuts and Finger Lime Caviar
Salad of Kohlrabi, Watercress, Red Onions, Sweet Spiced Freekeh, Marinated Feta, Walnut Yogurt Dressing, Falafel Crumbs
Paired with 2011 Bancroft Pinot Grigio, a light, crisp wine with mild to strong tropical fruit flavors and great acidity.
Butternut Squash and Za’atar Spiced Gnocchi, Fried Cauliflower, Toasted Pine Nuts, Golden Raisins, in a Parsley Tahini Sauce
Paired with 2011 Penns Woods Chambourcin, a wine that is full of cherry flavor and slightly earthy, with hints of vanilla and spice from some oak.
Slow Roasted Free Range Guinea Hen, Jerusalem Artichokes, Fennel, Charred Clementine, Pernod, Saffron Rice, Natural Hen Jus
Paired with 2011 Bancroft Merlot. This wine has lots dark berry flavor, medium tannins and prevalent dark chocolate tones.
Lamb Shawarma, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Balsamic Glazed Figs, Fresh Cucumber Salad with Chopped Cilantro and Parsley
Paired with 2009 Cabernet that has black cherry notes on the nose, a silky mid palate, and a long finish of raisin and jam with dusty tannins.
Chocolate Krantz Cake, Pecan Chocolate Filling, Warm Cranberry Syrup
Paired with 2012 Moscato, with hints of white peach, pineapple cream, honeysuckle and cherry blossoms.
To make reservations for the November 21st Wine Dinner this week at The Gables kindly call: 610-388-7700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Gables at Chadds Ford
The Gables is located at 423 Baltimore Pike in Chadds Ford, PA.
Hours: Tue – Sat:11:30 am-10:00 pm; Sun:10:30 am-9:00 pm.
Be Social with The Gables at Chadds Ford
1. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Only one entry per person is allowed. Submission of multiple entries will result in disqualification without notification.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on announced time EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the announced time (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
3. ELIGIBILITY. This giveaway is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION. The sole winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 72 hours. If no response is received in that time the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 72 hours period to respond.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner(s) will be announced on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aroundmainline) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/aroundmainline).